Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Handmade Diva is on Leave (tongue firmly in cheek! ;) )

Well we are on some 'leave'...when I say that I am still 24/7 monkey wrangling at the madhouse, still popping into my page to say hello if someone says hello to us and of course updating my albums, blog and store...but I am taking a back seat from all the rest that being a business on FB entails just for a while ;)

I love custom orders they make up alot of my work but so that I dont over extend myself, drop quality or standards and not exceed your expectations I am having a bit of a rest from taking them this month ;)

So...the plan is to get some customs completed (very patient customers!) and to finish the pre orders from our first market night, prepare for Made on The Left  and for our Christmas and Summer ranges...

In fact...my sewjo has never been at higher peak...the thing is faced with adversity and roadblocks I always rise to the challenge...and with my creativity this is usually quite exciting for me...and I hope will be for you too...
Shoe Train
Our Christmas Fridge Art Hunt is going really well with quite a few entries...though of course I would love to see more ;) truly your children's designs are inspirational to me and others and I have so much fun TRANSLATING them into keepsakes for you :)
Chloe Rose a real monkey in her own design translated into Applique in our first Fridge Art Hunt
The Hand Peacock by Monkeys Over The Moon


 My work is inspired by so many different things in fact too many things sometimes...but its always lovely to hear and see what you think will work...I was stunned and honoured when a gorgeous fellow designer approached me in March after seeing my 2 peacock sketches made from my hands (a project we did at a playgroup :) ) and that she thought it would look really funky using her fabrics...and you know what she was right and it does :) Though my daughter is helping me with orders for the littler monkeys ;)


I am so excited about my Christmas drawings...I have shared them with some other handmade designers and friends and I cannot wait to show them to you all :) Inspired by my daughters drawings, European Christmas's, the aromas and traditions I grew up with and of course some really gorgeous fabrics :)

Pretty In Pink Custom Neck and Lace
Monkeys Over The Moon and Designer Mumma have some gorgeous collaborations coming up including our  original 'Neck and Lace Flutterbye Sleeves' and some floral and nautical designs inspired by style and European trends as well as beautiful imagery :)


A nautical vintage bird read to be caged ;) 
The 'Funk Your Monkey' designs are going really well...with Funkydory . The birdcage and Redback our bestsellers so far but I cannot wait to share our little house and Cherry Tree Designs with you very very soon! a sneak peek...
In progress - Cherry Tree designed by Funky Dory blossom in progress will be appliqued by me

Word spoken in anger and some more constructive criticism I have received has made me really think about where I want to take Monkeys Over The Moon...world domination ;) of course! haha but seriously...I want nothing more than the art and creativity in my pieces to be loved and enjoyed the time and quality of the fabric/workmanship to be appreciated and the value of each piece is measured for me by the comments I receive and the smiles on the faces of the children and adults who wear them.


So I wont be slashing prices to make these designs the less than or the same price as the high street factory printed/designed tshirts but I will be adding value to each piece by hand stitching, using unique fabrics and embellishments, using my inspirations and creativity to produce my own original designs. I will have a loyalty scheme for repeat customers and for those who have a lifetime spend higher than $150 and I will pass on anything I can with regards to ideas, tutorials and inspiration as I can.

Its a Cracking Egg! Available Soon at www.madeit.com.au/monkeysoverthemoon $25
Fabric Illustration Block handstitched onto a plain navy tee $20
I will continue to do our Simply Monkey range especially for summer...the simpler less detailed designs (hearts, whales, sillouhettes for instance)or the designs on  less expensive tshirts/singlets where I can pass simply the love and design across to you at an honest and fair value.


NOW...most exciting news...the Handmade Hunt at Shop Contemoporary Handmade is now on! We are contributing to the Little Mr Pack a must do and see fun fun fun activity with some beautiful handcrafted designs!



If whilst I am not FB'ing daily or selling my products directly on Facebook you have any queries or questions please dont hesitate to contact me Georgie at monkeysoverthemoon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment